New Car Protection Detail
From £450* Exterior only (2 day booking minimum)
From £500* Full interior & exterior (2 – 2.5 day booking)
You would expect a brand new car to be delivered with flawless paintwork. However this is rarely the case unfortunately. There are several reasons for this – storage conditions, transportation damage or poor preparation during a pre-delivery valet due to inexperienced ‘fleet’ valeting companies. Dealerships will also try to promote / sell their own ‘lifetime paintwork protection system’ which, more often than not are applied without any prior preparation to the paintwork, and with little care. This leads to further damage to your new car’s paint, and the sealant applied failing to last anywhere near as long as claimed. When a dealership prepares your New Car, they will spend 1-2 hours maximum, when Refined Detail prepares your New Car, they will spend 2 days minimum!
Refined Detail’s New Car Protection Package is designed to allow your new car to get off to the best possible start. If you decide to opt for this option, it is suggested you ask your dealer not to wash your new vehicle at all, or at least do the bare minimum. This differs from a standard Protection Detail because a new car will not require quite so much in depth cleaning to areas that accumulate dirt over time (e.g wheels, arches etc) Instead this time will be spent carefully checking the paint and carrying out any localised defect correction (e.g – a small scuff or swirled area where the protective wrapping was removed by the dealer).
Please note – this is for brand new cars only! Ex-Demo or used vehicles that are new to you will require further work so therefore require a different detailing treatment.
This detail must be carried out at my unit in Henfield (BN5) to allow me to control the working environment fully (something that is necessary when striving for perfection and to allow products to work correctly).
- Engine bay tidied & finished with a non silicone dressing / protectant
- PH neutral snow foam applied and left to dwell
- Wheels cleaned with suitable, safe products to dissolve brake dust and road grime
- Tyres & arches cleaned & degreased
- Vehicle washed using two bucket method with PH neutral shampoo
- Tar spots removed with specialist product
- Iron filings and other metallic fallout removed with specialist product
- Paintwork given a clay bar treatment to remove bonded contaminants such as sap, industrial fall out etc
- Dried using ultra soft microfibre drying towels
- Paintwork inspected and localised defect correction carried out as required
- Paint cleanser applied by hand or via Dual Action machine polisher (where deemed advantageous) to prepare paintwork for protection layers (N.B – in the event of the car being delivered from the dealer in poor condition and requiring extensive correction, the price will alter dramatically)
- Ultra durable Glass / Nano / Ceramic coating applied offering 12-24 months durability with minimal maintenance required!
- Plastic trim treated with longlife trim sealant
- Alloy wheels sealed (UPGRADE: G-Techniq C5 Wheel Armour or Carbon Collective Platinum Wheels @ £100 – this includes the removal of the wheels to ensure every part of the wheel is sealed fully. Please note this adds ½ a day to the booking)
- Glass polished & sealed to aid water sheeting allowing for safer driving in wet conditions (exterior only)
- Wheel arches dressed
- Tyres dressed
- Chrome & Stainless Steel polished & sealed
The optional interior detail includes:
- Seats and upholstery thoroughly vacuumed (inc. boot and spare wheel compartment)
- Air vents etc dusted
- Headlining & sun visors cleaned
- Rubbish removed, ash trays emptied
- All interior plastics cleaned and dressed with non silicone matte / satin finish, anti static protectant
- Fabric upholstery treated with protectant (G-Techniq i1) (where applicable)
- Leather seats cleaned and sealed (G-Techniq L1) (where applicable)