‘Tealite Blue’ W211 Mercedes E320

A recent acquisition to my client who likes to keep his cars looking good, but wanted a professional to tackle the swirl marks and other grubby marks that were present on this particular example of a ‘Tealite Blue’ W211 (2004) Mercedes E-Class.

After an initial inspection a couple of months before the actual detail, it was decided my ‘Mild Correction Detail’ would address my clients requirements and budget and a date was set. All in all I spent ~40 hours on this car including a 22 hour solid shift which I hope not to have to repeat anytime soon!!

Here’s the car upon arrival – already in a presentable condition:

IMG_2949.jpg

IMG_2948.jpg

IMG_2952.jpg

IMG_2954.jpg

IMG_2947.jpg

IMG_2950.jpg

and my first glimpse in sunlight at the defects in question (the day of the initial inspection was wet & gloomy so was all carried out under lighting in the unit)

IMG_2956.jpg

There are a few pictures missing from the initial wash process stages as it was a pretty warm day so I just needed to crack on, and tbh we all know what a lot of the generic wash stage shots look like!

Engine bay first; Bilt Hamber Surfex & CarChem Citrus APC, rinsed and dressed with Autosmart Finish. Buffed and fettled with later in the detail.

Door shuts: Bilt Hamber Surfex

Tyres & Arches – Bilt Hamber Surfex

Wheels – these had been recently refurbished & sealed, however there was already a bit of pitting beginning. These were cleaned with a weak mix of Autosmart Smart Wheels initially, and deep cleaned later with Iron X.

Generic snowfoam shot courtesy of CarChem snowfoam:

IMG_2957.jpg

Washed using the 2 bucket method, lambswool mitt & Auto Finesse Lather. Rinsed, loosely dried & Autosmart Tardis applied:

IMG_2959.jpg

Re-rinsed & CarPro Iron X applied:

IMG_2960.jpg

IMG_2962.jpg

Re-rinsed & clayed with Bilt Hamber clay / CarChem clay lube – this was after around 1/3 of the bonnet iirc:

IMG_2963.jpg

Re-rinsed yet again and wheeled into the unit. Dried & panel gaps / crevices blown dry with warm air.

After an initial test of suitable polishes / pads, it was out with the Rupes Bigfoot first time out with a 15″ version – Zephir on a green pad tackled a large amount of the defects. For some of the tougher marks I used the 21″ Bigfoot with a Lake Country foamed wool pad again with Zephir or Scholl S3 Gold. Refining was carried out with the 15″ Bigfoot using Kermik Gloss on a yellow pad (most correction shots pre-refinement but post CarPro Eraser wipedown)

Bird etching on the bonnet to remove:

IMG_2966.jpg

IMG_2967.jpg

Bonnet:

IMG_2976.jpg

IMG_2979.jpg

IMG_2981.jpg

IMG_2973.jpg

IMG_2974.jpg

and now miscellaneous shots from around the car:

IMG_2988.jpg

IMG_2989.jpg

IMG_2992.jpg

IMG_2993.jpg

IMG_2994.jpg

IMG_2987.jpg

IMG_3000.jpg

IMG_3001.jpg

IMG_3002.jpg

IMG_3007.jpg

IMG_3010.jpg

IMG_3011.jpg

IMG_3012.jpg

IMG_3016.jpg

IMG_3022.jpg

Even the chrome benefited from a light machine polish:

IMG_3019.jpg

IMG_3024.jpg

IMG_3025.jpg

IMG_3026.jpg

IMG_3029.jpg

IMG_3032.jpg

IMG_3038.jpg

IMG_3039.jpg

IMG_3035.jpg

IMG_3036.jpg

IMG_3040.jpg

IMG_3041.jpg

IMG_3046.jpg

IMG_3048.jpg

IMG_3049.jpg

IMG_3053.jpg

IMG_3054.jpg

IMG_3055.jpg

IMG_3060.jpg

IMG_3076.jpg

IMG_3077.jpg

IMG_3071.jpg

IMG_3073.jpg

Although far from perfect, the gloss black pillars also benefited:

IMG_3080.jpg

IMG_3081.jpg

IMG_3089.jpg

IMG_3090.jpg

Starting to look pretty glossy!

IMG_3098.jpg

IMG_3100.jpg

IMG_3103.jpg

On to the interior. Leather deep cleaned & sealed, Carpets & fabrics shampooed & protected – carpet floor mats replaced at customers request, all plastics deep cleaned and a general thorough full interior valet. Steering wheel unfortunately was pretty worn so didn’t come up particularly well, but the rest of the interior responded well.

IMG_3113.jpg

IMG_3110.jpg

IMG_3114.jpg

IMG_3108.jpg

IMG_3115.jpg

IMG_3116.jpg

IMG_3119.jpg

IMG_3118.jpg

IMG_3124.jpg

IMG_3122.jpg

IMG_3125.jpg

IMG_3128.jpg

IMG_3133.jpg

IMG_3134.jpg

IMG_3136.jpg

Tired looking dealer sticker removed:

IMG_3137.jpg

IMG_3138.jpg

IMG_3139.jpg

Tax disc holder replaced at clients request:

IMG_3141.jpg

Interior complete:

IMG_3144.jpg

IMG_3143.jpg

IMG_3146.jpg

IMG_3147.jpg

IMG_3151.jpg

IMG_3156.jpg

IMG_3154.jpg

A few marks on the plastic trim around the drivers seat simply wouldn’t shift unfortunately :(

IMG_3161.jpg

IMG_3160.jpg

IMG_3164.jpg

IMG_3166.jpg

Engine bay fettled, painted areas hand polished with Auto Finesse Tripple:

IMG_3178.jpg

IMG_3168.jpg

IMG_3169.jpg

As the client was already into looking after his cars, it was agreed that LSP would be the Werkstat Acrylic kit as he is already familiar with this and uses it on another of his cars. After a thorough CarPro Eraser wipedown the paint was cleansed with Prime and sealed with 3 coats of Jett with a Glos wipedown & 30 mins curing time between each layer.

Glass was sealed with G-Techniq G1, wheels with G-Techniq Silo Seal C1.5, tyres dressed with 2 coats of Auto Finesse Satin and brightwork polished with Prime Strong.

Fin!

IMG_3179.jpg

IMG_3180.jpg

IMG_3184.jpg

IMG_3186.jpg

IMG_3193.jpg

IMG_3197.jpg

IMG_3201.jpg

And once the client had seen the car in the unit it was wheeled out into the sunshine for a few completed shots outdoors:

IMG_3239.jpg

IMG_3240.jpg

IMG_3243.jpg

IMG_3247.jpg

IMG_3245.jpg

IMG_3248.jpg

IMG_3251.jpg

IMG_3252.jpg

IMG_3254.jpg